NIV Verse Mapping Bible
The NIV Verse Mapping Bible will help you mine every verse of God's Word for the truth, direction and meaning that will guide you into a richer relationship with Christ. Using a study method that is unique to the NIV Verse Mapping Bible series, you will learn to compare specific verses to other translations and even explore the individual words of the original biblical languages.
In the NIV Verse Mapping Bible, author Kristy Cambron expands her verse mapping curriculum series to include verses from the entire Bible, showing you how to compare Bible translations, pick out meaningful words, and delve into the true meaning of each verse using starter verse maps and prompts. Verse mapping will help you study the historical context, transliteration, translation, connotation, and theological framework of a verse. This unique study technique includes exploring Hebrew and Greek word studies, finding connections in Scripture, comparing Bible translations, and learning as much as you can from your time in God's Word.
Verse mapping involves five steps:
- Choose: Select a verse and write it out.
- Compare: Record this verse in two or three other Bible translations and underline key words that are the same or different between translations.
- Research: Look up the Hebrew or Greek meaning for the underlined words and record it.
- Consider: Ask questions of the verse. Imagine what it would be like to have experienced what's happening. Read the verses surrounding this verse and use other study tools to dig even deeper, if you prefer.
- Apply: What is God saying to you? How does this verse relate to your life today?
- Full text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV)
- Guided instructions on how verse mapping works, how to start, and how to get the most from your mapping
- 350 partially completed verse maps with pre-selected verses in multiple Bible translations and helpful Hebrew or Greek word studies
- Includes directions on how to use the Reverse Interlinear feature on BibleGateway.com to research the Greek and Hebrew translations for these 350 verses for free
- More than 70 blank verse maps for your own inductive Bible study journey
- 66 book introductions
- Presentation page
- Topical index
- Two satin ribbon markers
- Thumb indexed to make finding books of the Bible easier
- Leathersoft cover lays flat when open
- Exclusive Zondervan NIV Comfort Print. typeface
- 8-point print size